Remote meetings are here to stay. This article will discuss ten ways you can create engaging remote meetings and conduct remote meetings in the best...
4 Best Remote Meeting Software You Need
Find here top four picks of the best remote meeting software you can use to host your next meeting.
In this post-pandemic world, it’s likely that the way your business or agency operates has completely changed. During the pandemic, the majority of workers began working remotely from their homes to limit risk of illness and spread. Remote work has been around for years, but we’ve certainly seen an uprising since about March 2020.
Though some businesses are heading back to the office, remote work seems to be here to stay as many employers and employees worldwide prefer the many benefits that come with it. That said, with remote work comes the need for remote meetings, also referred to as virtual meetings.
In truth, remote meetings are being used in place of in-person meetings for both remote workers and in-office workers due to accessibility, flexibility, and the removal of travel expenses. A remote meeting holds the same purpose as in-person meetings and can function effectively and productively if done correctly. For a remote meeting to run smoothly however, meeting hosts should utilize the best remote meeting software.
The question is - what are the best remote meeting software options on the market? In this post, we’ll share our top four picks of remote meeting tools you can use to host your next remote meeting.
Ring4 is a business phone app and video meeting software that provides companies, agencies, and freelancers a lightweight cloud system that can be set up in less than five minutes. In fact, if you can set up an email account or a social media profile, odds are you can just as easily create a business phone line.
This software supports phone calls, text messages, and video conferencing for the low price of just $9.99 per month, per phone number. Businesses can also save with the annual pricing that drops the fee to just $8 per month, per phone number.
One of the most popular meeting software, Zoom, is known for its many great features. Zoom offers breakout rooms, a chat room, the share your screen feature, the ability to change your background, and more. Zoom can be used for personal meetings, small business meetings, and large enterprise meetings. There are different pricing options for Zoom depending on your needs.
- Free: Zoom’s free option includes: 40 minute meetings with up to 100 participants, as well as a collaboration option.
- Pro ($149.00/yr): Zoom’s pro option includes unlimited meeting times with up to 100 participants, a collaboration option, and cloud storage.
- Business ($199.00/yr): Zoom’s business option includes unlimited meeting times with up to 300 participants, a collaboration option, and cloud storage.
- Business Plus ($250.00/yr): Zoom’s business plus option includes: unlimited meeting times with up to 300 participants, a collaboration option, cloud storage, and unlimited phone calling.
- Enterprise (Contact Sales for Pricing): Zoom’s Enterprise option includes unlimited meeting times with up to 1,000 participants, a collaboration option, cloud storage, and unlimited phone calling.
RingCentral is a VoIP software that supports phone service, message service, and video service. With this software, you have the ability to hold phone calls, video meetings, send messages, voicemails, share files, and more. It can be used with the RingCentral app as well as with compatible VoIP phones. RingCentral offers the following pricing options:
- Essentials ($19.99/month): The essentials option includes phone and messaging for up to 20 users, team messaging, document sharing, voicemail, and unlimited calls.
- Standard ($27.99/month): The standard option includes everything in the essentials option plus phone and messaging with no user limit, video meetings with up to 100 participants, unlimited audio conferencing and fax, 24/7 support, up to 24 hour meeting duration, and more.
- Premium ($34.99/month): The premium option includes everything in the standard option plus video meetings with up to 200 participants, automatic call recording, industry specific integrations, advanced call handling, and more.
- Ultimate ($49.99/month): The ultimate option includes everything in the premium option plus device status reports, device status alerts, and unlimited storage.
4. Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams, developed by Microsoft, is a part of the Microsoft 365 suite of products. It's known for being incredibly user friendly and it offers messaging, calls, and video meetings. You can also share documents, share your screen, and use chat rooms. Microsoft Teams is also expecting to add PowerPoint to their services in the future. There are different pricing options available based on the user’s needs.
- Free: The free option of Microsoft Teams includes unlimited one-to-one meetings, unlimited group meetings for up to 60 minutes, 100 participants per meeting, cloud storage, unlimited chat access, and file sharing.
- Microsoft Essentials ($4.00/month): Microsoft essentials includes: everything in the free version plus unlimited group meetings for up to 30 hours, up to 300 participants per meeting, phone and web support, and more storage.
- Microsoft Business Basic ($6.00/month): Microsoft business basic includes everything in the essentials version plus recorded meetings with transcripts, web and mobile versions of microsoft apps, business-class email, and more storage.
- Microsoft Business Standard ($12.50/month): Microsoft business standard includes everything in business basics plus desktop apps with premium features, webinar hosting, attendee registration, and managing customer appointments.
Regardless of the remote meeting software you choose to host your meetings, one tool works well with all of them to schedule these meetings, and it’s Taggg. Taggg solves your scheduling woes by connecting the calendars of all of your contacts. It’s never been easier to find a time and date that works for your team. Learn more about what Taggg can do for your remote meetings by getting started for free today!
About the author
Trevor Hatfield is the founder of Inturact and strives to create highly tuned marketing machines for their clients websites, products, and apps. While also constantly keeping up with technology and building a team of multifaceted and dedicated professionals.LinkedIn | Twitter | Website
Read more posts by this author.